On Saturday 8 March, the Aerosure Tour de Chance 2014 came to a triumphant close as 19 riders and five support crew successfully crossed the finish line at the annual Fighting Chance Summer Festival in Mosman, Sydney. The team had cycled over 1,100km from Brisbane to Sydney in just 10 days, all in support of Fighting Chance Australia.
The riders enjoyed a welcome home befitting their achievement. State MPs, led by Treasurer Mike Baird, TV personalities, young musicians and hundreds of Fighting Chance supporters turned out on a beautiful sunny day in Mosman to celebrate the end of the epic 10-day adventure that was the 2014 Tour.
We are thrilled to announce that the total raised by the Tour has come in at an astonishing $345,278! This is an unbelievable result which has surpassed even our wildest expectations.
On behalf of everyone at Fighting Chance, THANK YOU to every single person who has supported this event. The incredible result we have achieved today belongs to each of you. A particular thank you must go to Tim Powell, who is absolutely responsible for what we have achieved here, and also each one of the riders who came on this journey with us from the start.
Thank you also to the 15 wonderful corporate sponsors who came on board to ensure the financial success of this event, especially our Gold Sponsor, Aerosure. To see more about our sponsors, click here.
Furthermore, since the airing of the 7:30 Program in February, and also our fundraisers in Queensland and Perth, we have been in contact with dozens of people from all over Australia who have communicated to us the need for our work in their areas. We have already begun the work of building our strategy for national expansion, so stay tuned in the coming year for more information.
Thank you again to everyone who has supported the Tour, and stay in touch with Fighting Chance in the coming year as we turn your support into real outcomes for people with disabilities in Australia.
- $345,278 was raised to support the ambitious development goals set out by Fighting Chance, significantly surpassing our target of $250,000.
- Creation of 15 local, national and international corporate partnerships, ranging from a Gold Partnership with naming rights on the 2014 Tour through to food and beverage partners who directly supported the riders while on the road.
- We have significantly increased Fighting Chance’s supporter base, both locally and
- nationally, with: new supporters and advocates around the country; recruitment of a number of informal ambassadors to champion our work in their communities; a significant spike in database contacts; and over 400 new followers across social media channels.
- Significant media coverage, including two primetime broadcasts on ABC TV across NSW and QLD, two state-based radio interviews and seven articles in local newspapers from Sydney to Brisbane.
- Media coverage estimated to reach 1.5 – 2 Million readers, viewers and listeners.
- 1,100km from Brisbane to Sydney in just 10 days.
- Fighting Chance website had a click-through rate of 1,722, a rise of 333% compared with previous month.